Picture Perfect Britain Photo Competition Terms and Conditions
- The title of the entry must be the location of where the photo was taken. You may add a caption that is an appropriate short description of the image. The theme should be relevant to one of the options provided.
- The end date of the competition is midnight 30th of April 2014.
The prizes are as follows:
- 1st prize is £500 towards the cost of holiday accommodation booked through Lovetoescape.com
- 2nd prize is £200 towards the cost of holiday accommodation booked through Lovetoescape.com
- 3 runners up will each receive £100 towards the cost of holiday accommodation booked through Lovetoescape.com
- Entrants are asked to nominate their favourite holiday accommodation in Britain; this must be any of the following: self catering (cottages, apartments, houses or villas), guest houses, hotels, and ‘bed and breakfast’.
Nominated accommodation providers (by the Winners, and from the respective winning entries) will be awarded a period of free advertising on Lovetoescape.com as follows:
- 1st Prize winner’s nominated accommodation: 36 months
- 2nd Prize winner’s nominated accommodation: 24 months
- 3 runners up Prize winner’s nominated accommodation: 12 months each
- All photo entries must be entered with the required information in the online entry form filled out accurately, and must abide to the laws, on photography, of the United Kingdom. Photos must also be entered with proof of permissions of building owners when in private property and/or of the individual models used, if the model is under the age of 18 you must prove that a parent or guardian has provided their consent. You are not required to provide permissions if the photograph contains a crowd of mixed ages or of adults.
- Photos must have been taken from within the UK and the location must be specified in the entry form.
Digital photo enhancement is only accepted if:
- Image has had blemishes, scratches and or spots removed
- Colour in the image has had minor enhancement for the sake of composure
- Image has been cropped
- Entire image has been rotated
- Entire image has been flipped vertically or horizontally
We will not accept composite images. A composite image is an image that has been created from the combination of two or more images or their separate elements.
- LovetoEscape.com and judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity, or that are not appropriate for public display, the later will include any text entered with the image.
- LovetoEscape.com employees, and trusted individuals accepting the role of judge for this competition, will be unable to claim any prizes for the example photos they upload to the LovetoEscape.com Facebook page. Example photos posted by LovetoEscape.com employees or judges for this competition will be clearly titled as "Example Contest Photo", and any votes the public make on these photos will not be taken into consideration.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs that they upload to the LovetoEscape.com Facebook page. By entering the competition all entrants grant to LovetoEscape.com the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on websites owned by LovetoEscape.com, in print, or in any other media. No fees will be payable for any of the above uses. Entrants also agree to allow their images to take part in post-competition publicity. While we make every effort to credit photographers, including in printed reproductions of their work, we cannot guarantee that every use of the photographs will include the photographers' names. Entrants must ensure that the photograph is not used to publicise or promote companies, individuals, organisations or causes – other than LovetoEscape.com and the winning photographer themself.
- Permission for your entry to be published on LovetoEscape.com websites including but not limited to lovetoescape.com and escape2places.com (“LovetoEscape.com Websites”) and on any social media account controlled by LovetoEscape.com, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts (“LovetoEscape.com Social Media Accounts”), and you grant LovetoEscape.com, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your Competition entry in electronic format (including on LovetoEscape.com Websites and LovetoEscape.com Social Media Accounts) and hard copy (including in LovetoEscape.com publications) for purposes connected with the Competition, and to adapt the entry to enable such publication, and you hereby irrevocably waive, for the benefit of LovetoEscape.com, all moral rights in the entry to which you are entitled. Notwithstanding the afore-going waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, (i) LovetoEscape.com may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or colour adjustment as necessary, provided that LovetoEscape.com shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your entry as originally created; and (ii) LovetoEscape.com shall provide a picture credit for all entries.
- Entrants under the age of 18 must get parent or guardian consent to enter.
- Entrants cannot be professional photographers that have over 50% of their annual income earned from said profession.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant.
- Entries must not have won competitions in the past or have ever been commended.
- Entries are to be uploaded to the ‘Shortstack’ application (on the LovetoEscape Facebook Page) that can be accessed by clicking ‘Picture Perfect Britain’ photo competition on the LovetoEscape.com Facebook Page.
- Entries that are uploaded after the end date will not be considered as part of the competition, and therefore will not be made available to be voted on. LovetoEscape.com will not be held responsible for any problems with uploading the images onto Facebook which may cause the entry to be delayed.
- Judging will be up to members of Facebook. Images will be judged by the number of votes that it receives. The image with the most votes by the end of the competition will be declared the Winner, and the two highest following will be named Runners-Up.
- The Winner, Runners-Up and nominated holiday accommodation providers will receive notification (by email, post, or telephone call) within a 3 week period of the competition end-date. The Winner, Runners-Up and nominated holiday accommodation will receive further notification within 2 weeks, from the date of successful notification of becoming the Winner, Runners-Up or nominated holiday accommodation, when their allocated prizes have been sent off. LovetoEscape.com will not be held responsible for any delays in the acquirement of the prizes due to problems with postal services.
- In the outcome of a tie on the votes for an image the judges will then only include LovetoEscape.com staff to decide the Winner.
- In the event of LovetoEscape.com being unable to contact the Winner, Runners-Up, and their nominated holiday accommodation provider, after a reasonable number of attempts, or if incorrect information has been entered into the entry forms which results in LovetoEscape.com becoming unable to contact you, or the holiday accommodation you nominated, your position in the competition will be given to the entrant with the next highest number of votes. LovetoEscpae.com cannot be held responsible for any consequences that occur as a result of incorrect information on the entry form.
- Entries with highest number of votes will be put forward to a panel of judges at LovetoEscape.com who will select the winning entries. LovetoEscape.com reserves the right to exclude votes believed to have been made by abusing the voting system. These decisions will be final, and not open to negotiation or discussion
- Under circumstances that arise out of LovetoEscape.com’s control, and if LovetoEscape.com believes it to be necessary, it reserves the right to cancel or alter any rules of the competition at any time, in the interest of the participants, without prior notification.
- LovetoEscape.com will not share or distribute confidential submission information to third parties.
- This competition is administered by LovetoEscape.com.
- LovetoEscape.com abides by the laws that govern competitions in the United Kingdom during the entire duration of this photo competition.
- By entering the competition you are accepting the Terms & Conditions set for this competition by LovetoEscape.com.
To go back to photo competition, please go to http://a.pgtb.me/vN37MN