Welcome to Barncastle, a luxury five star holiday cottage near Stroud, Gloucestershire, the Cotswolds. Barncastle is a large, recently converted Cotswold stone barn nestling in the beautiful Painswick valley. Built on the site of a medieval castle, Barncastle commands outstanding views over the Cotswolds.
This gorgeous holiday home is close to the lovely Cotswold towns of Painswick and Stroud and within a short distance of nearby historic Gloucester, with its excellent transport links and beautiful Cathedral, and regency Cheltenham with its wonderful restaurants, shopping and Racing.
Barncastle offers luxurious self catering holiday accommodation, and has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and will sleep 10 comfortably, with cot and highchair available on request. There is ample parking at the front of the property.
The holiday cottage accommodation can be summarised as follows:
· Small sitting room with Oak Flooring and French Doors leading outside. Furnished with double bed, wardrobe, chest of draws, a comfortable sofabed and extra seating.
· Bedroom with Oak Floor furnished in a classical style, with a double bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
· Bedroom with two single beds, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
· Two bathrooms, each with shower, basin and WC.
· The beautiful Dining Hall can be observed from a breathtaking Oak gallery. The Hall is floored with Oak and boasts a large Cotswold stone Inglenook Fireplace. There is a dining table and chairs to seat 10.
· The beautiful, fully-fitted kitchen has a traditional stone floor and includes large American-style fridge, range cooker and dishwasher.
· Utility Room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
· Spacious, beamed galleried living room with open fire, oak floor and sofa-bed (for +2).
· Bedroom with king-size bed and ensuite, with freestanding clawfoot bath, basin and WC.
· Bedroom with classical style double bed.
· Second bathroom with shower, bath, basin and WC.
There is a wide variety of traditional and modern pubs and restaurants nearby, and many activities can be catered for locally:
· Alternative Therapist (on site at Barncastle)
· Dry slope skiing
Please contact us or visit or website for more on this luxury Cotswolds holiday cottage.