Barncastle 5 Star Luxury Self Catering Cotswolds Cottage, England
Holiday Cottage Details
£ 1,000.00 - £ 2,750.00 per week
Wheelchair Friendly Accessible
Family Friendly Family Friendly
Barncastle 5 Star Luxury Self Catering Cotswolds Cottage Large group Family friendly Luxury Holiday Cottage in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Barncastle, is a large Cotswold stone cottage with excellent views of the beautiful Cotswolds countryside. Located close to Painswick and Stroud, this is the perfect large Cotswolds self catering cottage. Sleeps 10 with 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.
Welcome to Barncastle, a luxury five star holiday cottage near Stroud, Gloucestershire, the Cotswolds. Barncastle is a large, recently converted Cotswold stone barn nestling in the beautiful Painswick valley. Built on the site of a medieval castle, Barncastle commands outstanding views over the Cotswolds.
This gorgeous holiday home is close to the lovely Cotswold towns of Painswick and Stroud and within a short distance of nearby historic Gloucester, with its excellent transport links and beautiful Cathedral, and regency Cheltenham with its wonderful restaurants, shopping and Racing.
Barncastle offers luxurious self catering holiday accommodation, and has 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and will sleep 10 comfortably, with cot and highchair available on request. There is ample parking at the front of the property.
The holiday cottage accommodation can be summarised as follows:
· Small sitting room with Oak Flooring and French Doors leading outside. Furnished with double bed, wardrobe, chest of draws, a comfortable sofabed and extra seating.
· Bedroom with Oak Floor furnished in a classical style, with a double bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
· Bedroom with two single beds, chest of drawers and wardrobe.
· Two bathrooms, each with shower, basin and WC.
· The beautiful Dining Hall can be observed from a breathtaking Oak gallery. The Hall is floored with Oak and boasts a large Cotswold stone Inglenook Fireplace. There is a dining table and chairs to seat 10.
· The beautiful, fully-fitted kitchen has a traditional stone floor and includes large American-style fridge, range cooker and dishwasher.
· Utility Room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
· Spacious, beamed galleried living room with open fire, oak floor and sofa-bed (for +2).
· Bedroom with king-size bed and ensuite, with freestanding clawfoot bath, basin and WC.
· Bedroom with classical style double bed.
· Second bathroom with shower, bath, basin and WC.
There is a wide variety of traditional and modern pubs and restaurants nearby, and many activities can be catered for locally:
· Alternative Therapist (on site at Barncastle)
· Dry slope skiing
Please contact us or visit or website for more on this luxury Cotswolds holiday cottage.
Please contact the owner to check availability.
Unfortunately this property does not have an online availability calendar. Please contact the owner directly by filling the contact form.
Facilities and Features
Bath, Ensuite Bathrooms, Power Shower
Broadband Internet, Wifi
Ground Floor Bathroom, Ground Floor Bedroom, Ground Floor WC
Board Games, Book Library, CD \ Music, DVD Player, Satellite, TV, Video, Video\DVD Library
Central Heating, Open Fire, Underfloor Heating, Wood Burning Stove
Cooker, Dishwasher, Fridge, Fridge/Freezer, Grill, Microwave, Oven, Toaster
- Outside Area:
Barbecue, Enclosed Garden, Outside Seating, Patio \ Outside Dining Area, Private Garden, Private Parking
- Price Included:
Electricity and Fuel, Fuel For Fires, Linen, Towels, Welcome Pack
Dining Room, Kitchen, Living Room
Cots Available, Highchairs Available
- Suitable For:
Disabled, Elderly, Families, Large Groups, Romantic getaways, Short Breaks, Special Occasions
4 En-Suite Double Rooms
1 Twin Room
Wheelchair Friendly Accessible
Suitable for Families Family Friendly
Large Group Friendly Large Groups Welcome
Features and Memberships:
Location Details and Things to Do
About Cheltenham and GloucestershireBarncastle is situated in a beautiful rural area. The views are outstanding across the valley. The gardens are large both front and back with garden furniture and bbq provided. Painswick is within a mile and our local pub is within walking distance.
- Nearest Bus Stop:
- Five minutes walk
- Nearest Train Station:
- Stroud Railway Station
- Nearest Motorway:
- Junction 12 for Gloucester
- Nearest Airport:
- Nearest Ferry:
This Holiday Cottage in Gloucestershire is in or close to:
- Heart of England
- South West England
- The Cotswolds
This Holiday Cottage in Cheltenham, England:
- has many local attractions and things to do
- has tennis available nearby or onsite
- has equestrian and horse riding available nearby
- has fishing available on site or nearby
- has Golf courses nearby
- is in a good location for cycling and mountain biking
- is in a good location for walking and climbing
- is near a race course
- a car is advised
- is in a rural location
- is in a village location
- is on a working farm
- has great local bird and wildlife
Recommended Things to Do
Chedworth Roman Villa
Hidcote Manor gardens
Swan Adventure Sail - Race Adventure Charter
Vinegar Hill Pottery Courses in Hampshire
Venues4Hire Venues and Event Suppliers Directory
Rainforest Cafe London
Greater London, England
Pedal A Bike Away Cycle Centre
Eastnor Pottery & The Flying Potter
National Diving Centre and The View Cafe Bar Chepstow
Cotswold Wildlife Park and Gardens
Bowood House & Gardens in Wiltshire
The Buscot and Coleshill Estates
Family Fun Day
Are We Cooking Yet Cookery School
Theatre Royal Bath
Bath Christmas Market
Roman Baths in the Centre of Bath
Thermae Bath Spa
Avebury Stone Circle
King's Camps - children's sport and activity camps
Queenswood Country Park Herefordshire
Stratford Bike Hire & Carriages Cafe Stratford upon Avon
Stratford Town Ghost Walk
Stratford Town Walk
Bancroft Cruisers Stratford-upon-Avon
Hampton Court Country House in Herefordshire
Savery's Licensed Cafe
Longleat Safari Park and House
Veritas Wine Bar and Bistro
Cheddar Gorge and Caves
Oaker Wood Leisure
Rugrats and Half Pints
Wookey Hole Caves
West Midlands, England